10 quick tips for raising money for KidzWish
1. Be the first! By donating to your own supporter page you are showing your commitment to your fundraising and setting the benchmark for other donations.
2. Remember to include pictures of yourself - people want to see who they are donating to.
3. Update your supporter page! Keep your donors and potential donors updated with your progress. How is the fundraising going? What obstacles have you come across? What are you really enjoying etc.
4. Tell your story! Let supporters know WHY you are doing what you are doing. They want to know – share your passion.
5. If you hit your target, or you are less than $100 away from reaching it – increase it! If people think you are close to meeting your target they may not donate the $200 they were going to if you are only $75 off your goal.
6. Let people know how much to donate – e.g $30 will provide a child with therapy, $50 will grant the wish of a child wanting to attend this year's Christmas Party for Special Children. You want them to know that any amount they are able to give will make a difference.
7. Thank your donors! Let them know their donation has been noticed and appreciated.
8. Contact us here at KidzWish. We will love to hear from you, let us know what you are doing for us so we can provide materials to help you raise as much money for us as possible!
9. Share your fundraising page on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms – spread the word! Don’t forget to find us on Facebook, find us here: facebook.com/GALKW & facebook.com/KidzWish or follow us on Instagram & Twitter: @KidzWish #GALKW to join the conversation.
10. Finally – ask again! People often need reminding, if you asked them once and they haven’t donated – ask again, they may have just forgotten and wont begrudge a friendly reminder.
Top ways to raise money via email
1. Update your email signature to include your supporter page link – ask your friends to do the same. It is such a simple, free way to reach more people (aka potential supporters) with every email you send.
2. Send an email out to your address book. Write your story, include your supporter link. Let everyone you know what you are doing whilst giving them the opportunity to share in your passion and help you raise money.
3. Thank your sponsors! Send them an email to show your appreciation, keep them in the loop, let them know how much their sponsorship will make a difference.
4. Send more than one email. Don’t bombard your email contacts but don’t give up after 1 attempt. People often need reminding of the awesome cause you are raising money for and how you are doing it! We would recommend sending about 2 emails before your event and 1 email after.
5. Send all of your sponsors one final email once your event has passed, let them know how it went, send a few photos and a video if you have one. Make them feel proud of supporting you, because they should be.
6. Reach out to us! We are online, which means we are available 24/7 for you to contact the team. Tell us what you are doing, include some pictures and your supporter page link so we can help you raise awareness via our networks. Who wouldn’t want to hear what amazing feat you are going to so you can raise money for KidzWish.
Fundraising tips courtesy of everydayhero
Jayne and Barrie Fitzgerald
Rayner and Darcy Lewis